Saturday, January 13, 2007

Gabcast Celebration


It's forty minutes after I just heard the playback on my first blogcast and I can still barely move. I, Buddy Cole, a confirmed Luddite, joined a service, embedded a flash player, configured the settings, chose the correct preferences, typed in the right password and then actually made the recording, all without the help of a tech savvy family member, a hunky electronics whiz, a butler or an outsourced tech worker in Mumbai. Factor in the the fact that all this took place after a vicious fight with my best friend Marco over Pan's Labyrinth, four martini's and a crying jag and I really do deserve another martini. I would have read the story but it took me six takes with this one already. . I must say the gabcast embed, that's what I call it now, sure looks pretty, like a futuristic jewel. It would look nice in the middle of a purple turban. Oh my god, I'm thinking about costumes. I haven't thought about a hat in years. I must go. I have a milliner in MIlan I need to call. She'll just be getting up. Goodnight Pierre. Goodnight Carma. Goodnight Tupac.

8 comments:

Lana said...

1.) I don't know what a "blogcast" is yet but congratulations anyway, Buddy!

2.) Despite what I said on an earlier blog, I should go see 'Pan's Labyrinth' before I cast any judgement.

3.) Tupac had a REALLY nice chest.

4.) When it comes to technology I am still stuck in 1978. I don't know how anything works. I always enlist the help of of a tech savvy family member, a hunky electronics whiz, a butler or an outsourced tech worker in Mumbai. Okay maybe not the Mumbai dude but everyone else that was mentioned. I once had a bulldagger friend named Patty who took issue with this. She looked at me with digust one day and snidely said "You are one of those helpless females!" The only honest response I could give her was "Yeah...and?"

Anonymous said...

What is a gabcast???? Don't say we can actually HEAR Mr.Cole now!!!!!!!??????? THAT is a reason then why I am running out now to buy QTips to remove years of ear wax in order to do so!!!!!!! I tried with a tiny spoon but didn't work...will try QTips...

Anonymous said...

Finally I am not "anonymous" anymore!

buddy cole said...

I'll put that cloak of anonymity away in the closet then. You don't need it any more. Yes Oreste, I can be heard now. Just press the magic jewel and my voice comes out. It's gabtastic as lana would say.

Quirky Pics said...

Dearest Buddy, Your dulcitones drive me to near climax.

Russell says: "Welcome once again to the Wood 'N Strings and Master Works cyber world of deluxe dulcimers and delectable dulcitones. We rejoice in our ability to offer so much information at the click of a rodent! In this age of computerized collections of "cut and paste" productions, it is sometimes difficult to imagine what graphical productions required in art and printing skills in days gone by. Now, we imagine what it should look like, punch in a few buttons and "wa-la", there it is all over the world, no less. Of course, some investment is required to learn these new skills as well as the investment in software and hardware to create them...."

Congratulations!!! Again, I'm moist. Thanks Ewe

Anonymous said...

Tupac does look pretty yummy I must say......Ahhhh!!!! I am "anonymous" again since I have such nightmarish times trying to log on this blog!!!! BUT nothing will stop my postings from happening!!!!! Lalalalala!!!!!

Gin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gin said...

So, I'm posting my comments backwards...it just happened, but I am amazed at your technological capabilities. I can barely chew gum and walk at the same time.

And also...I may have had sex with a copy of Pan's Labyrinth I loved it so much.